Thursday, November 11, 2010

Life With Boys--An Introduction

I never wanted boys.  At least, not for my firstborn.  Boys TERRIFIED me.  I grew up in a house of two girls.  How do you potty train a boy?  How do you play with one?  I was a tomboy, but is that enough to know how to play with a boy?  Boys are crazy!  Boys are wild!  Boys are messy, dirty, smelly, and chaotic…and wonderful.

I have two boys (well, three if you count the one I married).  They are the lights of my life, and I can’t imagine what I would have done with girls.  Now, GIRLS terrify me.  I was a teenage girl, and I know what they’re like.  Catty, moody, unpredictable, and naughty.  They will DATE my boys, unless I keep my boys locked in the house until they’re 54.  However, that’s a little Mommy Dearest for me, so I guess I’ll have to let them out there.  At least I’m here to guide them, or warn them, I’m not sure which.

I am so glad God knows what He’s doing and gave me boys, I don’t think I would have survived girls.  Don’t get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoy my friends’ girls.  Doing hair, make-up, going shopping, out to eat, sending them home.  I mean, I really am the only girl here, unless you count the rabbit.  She’s a girl.  But the dogs are even boys (well, they were once, but we got that taken care of).  Sometimes, the testosterone levels are stifling.  But I wouldn’t have it any other way.  I’m a one-of-a-kind at my house.  The buck stops with me, I manage all the schedules, and I am the chauffeur, chef, and gatekeeper.  I am MOM.

No comments:

Post a Comment